An out-of-this-world pet photography retreat
Barkjour will be held in the gorgeous Provence countryside of Southern France. Together, we will dive into all aspects of pet photography and the business of running a successful studio, all while making new lifelong friendships. Barkjour is led by three world-renowned teachers and successful pet photographers.
- Six nights of accommodation at a 20,000 square foot private home with a private pool and rooftop hot tub. The house was owned by the King of France in the 12th century.
- Most meals throughout the workshop, dietary needs accommodated on request.
- All transportation during the event. Attendees will be responsible for their transportation to France, as well as their transportation to and from the house. We can assist in making transportation arrangements.
- Five full days of learning about the art and business of pet photography.
- One free afternoon mid-week to enjoy the beauty of Provence or relax at the home. Explore Roman ruins? Seek out Europe’s only resident flamingos on a wetlands tour? Ride horses through the French countryside? Visit local wineries to enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting? The choice is yours!
- Group learning as well as individual attention throughout the week.
- A private Facebook group for continued support from the instructors.
- A USB drive filled with oodles of information and resources.
- All work will be with natural light ONLY.
- Finding the best light and working in any lighting condition.
- Using different focal lengths to create variety and interest.
- Working with the owner and giving direction as well as on-leash techniques.
- Create unique images with basic surroundings that can be found at any location.
- Learn to work inside a home using available light.
- Dive into the technical elements of shooting, such as focusing techniques and capturing action.
- How to see composition in your images.
- Strategies for working in visually busy locations.
- Identifying, creating, and shooting for expression.
- Create drool worthy portfolio shots in an out of this world setting.
- Learn how each of the instructors manages their editing process.
- Post-processing will be done in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Discuss how to manage color in your post-processing.
- Create a full file management workflow from importing to printing.
- Learn different techniques for removing leashes and distractions.
- Review best practices for head swaps and merges in Photoshop.
- Strategies for preparing images for large format printing.
- Inspiration. How to create a business built on you.
- Marketing ideas, with and without a budget.
- Automate your workflow and create systems.
- Take control of your business and your life.
- Pricing for profit.
- Time tracking for more profitability.
- Taking the mystery out of sales.
- Social Media and the impact of genuine, authentic content.
error: Content is protected!